PACIFIC COOL 7450HP is a heavy duty, chlorinated semi-synthetic that forms a transparent micro emulsion when mixed with water. It displays excellent machining capabilities while offering natural bio-resistance to microorganism degradation. Outstanding lubricity and cooling are the trademarks of PACIFIC COOL 7450HP. This product has excellent foam control which makes it ideal for high pressure CNC and grinding operations.
- Safe to use on a wide range of metals, including: Tough Stainless Alloys, Titanium, Cast Aluminum, Ferrous metals & Cast Iron.
- Cleanliness – parts and machines stay remarkably clean.
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection for inner workings of the machine tool, machine ways, and machined parts.
- Extreme pressure lubrication extends tool life and provides good finish.
- Very Operator Friendly with high operator acceptance.
Recommended ConcentrationGrinding 3 - 6% Machining 6 - 10%
Refractometer ReadingGrinding 1.9 - 3.8 Machining 3.8 - 6.3
The effects of water quality on emulsion stability
To obtain the best performance from any water miscible metalworking fluid, good quality water is essential. Water hardness is a key determinate of water quality. It is typically measured in parts per million (PPM) of calcium carbonate and varies by region of the country. The ideal water hardness range is between 75 PPM and 175 PPM. For soft water (less than 75 PPM), the metalworking fluid may foam. Exceptionally hard water (above 200 PPM) can have a de-stabilizing effect on the coolant. For high water hardness, we recommend using the hard water version of our coolant. In addition to water hardness, high levels of chloride ions can adversely affect the rust inhibiting characteristic of a coolant. Our lab can help you determine the quality of your water.
- Always pre-mix coolant before adding it to the machine.
- If mixing by hand, always add the coolant concentrate to water, then agitate.
- For best results, a proportioner should be used.
- Since water evaporates from the coolant, the concentration will increase over time. To maintain the recommended concentration, makeup coolant should be pre-mixed at half the % concentration as the initial fill.